What do we love more than fancy dress here at Escapade? Knowing that you, our customers, have enjoyed wearing what you bought. We’re always trying to find new ideas or improve on current ones and who better to take inspiration from than YOU, the people who make it all happen!
If you’re happy to let us know what you think of your purchase, or better still to send us a photo of you wearing it so that our team & other customers can see how great you look, we now offer the chance to win the cost of your costume back! It’s really that simple.
There are two very simple ways to enter the competition:
1. Write a review
When you make a purchase online from Escapade, you’re given an option to review your order if you sign up to our newsletter (we’re not able to receive your review if you don’t sign up!). You’ll then get an email inviting you to let us know what you thought and even attach a picture. Everyone who submits a review gets a chance in our monthly competition.
2. Send a picture
If you missed your chance to write a review of your purchase, don’t worry! Just take a good, clear photo of you looking your best in your chosen outfit and send it to email@example.com, we’ll then enter your image into our prize-draw along with all the written content.
On the last Thursday of every month, one lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive the cost of their costume back directly from us and have their details posted on our website & Facebook page. If you’d like to take a look at the selection of the winners to date visit our competition winners page.
We hope that you enjoy wearing our creations and we look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!
Escapade Fancy Dress Competition Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Escapade Competition Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
2. The Rules apply to the Escapade Fancy Dress Competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted on the Escapade website (www.escapade.co.uk) or at Escapade Fancy Dress by or on behalf of Escapaders Ltd. of 45-46 Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8AJ ('Escapaders Ltd.') and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3. Escapaders Ltd. reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Escapaders Ltd.'s reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Escapade website (www.escapade.co.uk). It is the responsibility of Entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Escapaders Ltd. shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Escapaders Ltd..
5. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Escapaders Ltd. reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
6. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom. Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
7. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. Escapaders Ltd. assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any Entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Competition and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Escapaders Ltd.'s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
8. Escapaders Ltd. reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any Entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an Entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Escapaders Ltd. disqualifying that person, without Escapaders Ltd. giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
9. Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including Escapaders Ltd.); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. Escapaders Ltd. reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
10. In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Escapaders Ltd. will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
11. Entries must be made by the Closing Date (the last Thursday of each calendar month) and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
12. It is required that each Entrant at least one purchase from Escapaders Ltd. in order to enter the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of purchase to Escapaders Ltd.'s satisfaction. All Entrants must have made their costume purchase from Escapade, images of costumes purchased from another fancy dress website will not be considered a valid entry.
13. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that Escapaders Ltd. discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
14. Escapaders Ltd. accepts no responsibility for the lack of delivery of email correspondence from each Entrant. If an emailed Entry is subject to any failure of delivery, data corruption or delay Escapaders Ltd. are not obliged to consider it as a valid Entry. Proof of sending an email is not proof of receipt of an Entry.
15. Prize-winners will be selected at random and notified in the manner set out in the Competition description (http://www.escapade.co.uk/fancy-dress-competition.asp). No prize will be awarded where any Entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Escapaders Ltd. in its sole discretion).
16. Escapaders Ltd. reserves the right to employ any such methods of random Prize-winner selection as they see fit and to change this process at any time without notice.
17. Prize-winners will be issued a full refund of the cost of one costume or item per purchase order. The choice of which costume or item per purchase order to be refunded is at the sole discretion of Escapaders Ltd. This amount will be paid via the original payment method used in the purchase order. Postage & Packaging, transaction, interest and/or booking fees or costs are not eligible for refund. Escapaders Ltd. accepts no responsibility for delays or cancellations of transaction that occur on behalf of the Entrant’s receiving account.
18. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, Escapaders Ltd. reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
19. Escapaders Ltd. accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any Entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any Entrant winning or not winning any prize.
20. Escapaders Ltd. accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
21. You agree that Escapaders Ltd. (and any third party authorised by Escapaders Ltd.) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the Escapade website, social media account or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Escapaders Ltd. the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Escapaders Ltd. (and any third party authorised by Escapaders Ltd.) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
22. Escapaders Ltd. will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to Entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
23. All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within the UK) or country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
24. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
25. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Copies of these Rules
26. A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Escapade Fancy Dress Competition, 45-46 Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8AJ.
|Secure Shopping with Escapade|